A Special Welcome From the Galion Middle School Counselor!
Miss Amanda Watkins
Galion Middle School has always believed in doing "whatever is best for kids." We strive to help all students feel good about themselves and who they are. We understand special needs and unique situations. We would like to do everything we can to make each student's experience at the Middle School the best possible. We welcome student and parent communication and would like to get to know you.
What is A School Counselor?
- A special person who helps all students
- A full-time staff member
- A listener who knows each student is unique
- A person who helps others feel good about themselves and who they are
- A resource person for teachers
- A resource person for parents
- A person who provides an information service for all persons associated with the middle school
- A liaison with other agencies
- A consultant
- A person who provides information about scheduling
The following services are offered through our Guidance Department:
- Individual Counseling
- Personal/Social Counseling
- Educational Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Core Team Intervention Plans
- Cooperation and referral service with outside agencies
- Information about college or future career options
Why Would a Student Want to See a School Counselor?
- Educational resources
- Career Information
- Improvement of self-concept
- Problems with other students, teachers or family
- A fear
- A need to discuss anything causing concern
How Does a Student See a School Counselor?
- By seeing the counselor before school starts in the morning or at the end of the day
- By asking the teacher for a pass out of class
- By scheduling an appointment in-between classes, lunch, or flex
A Parent may see or phone a School Counselor for…
- Help in understanding and identifying problems
- Help with subject-oriented problems
- Help with socially oriented problems
- Help with home-oriented problems
- Help with any area causing concerns